Monday, October 23, 2006

doing well, all things considered

well, i made it through shoulder surgery, hospitazation and home to my wonderful house, roxy the chihuahua's extatic joy, and a small bit of indepedance. and now, after a couple of days at home, i'm headed back to a rehab hosital.

and i am not wildly happy about it, either. but i see no other option. i am unstable on my feet, and in pain and on medication. i can only face so much, and struggling to live left handedly with all the above problems.

so when the visiting nurse finally showed up this afternoon there was a very,very small flash of relief when she said she thought i was too much of a risk to be alone right now. there was also rage and grief and something close to murderous frustration. i spent weeks preparing for surgery, and my time in the hospital, and i'd asked for a consultation from o.t. before i left. i was completely honest with him, and he was either stupid, or not listening to me.

and the visiting nurses should have gotten someone out here on sat, not mon late afternoon, espicially since i called then each day, requesting help.[what part of "i need help" did they not understand?] i also called other visiting nurses associations and the hospital, and nobody offered so much as a suggrestion. very,very frustrating!

so i'll be gone for another week or so, but i'll be woking hard to get home asap. and that's the news from here in sotheastern connecticut.

blessings, margo

8 comments:

Virginia said...

We are wishing you the best and looking forward to your return home!

Peace, Virginia

christapaz said...

You made it! Hopefully, it will better and better from here on out. You made a smart decision on the rehab place. love, christa

Ethan said...

Well, at least you got a title for an autobiography: "My Struggle to Live Left-Handedly."
Well, I'll only be one time-zone away starting tomorrow--for 3 weeks.
Sending you vibes of love and support.

hestiahomeschool said...

Oh, sweetie, I wish we lived closer together! Do what you need to get well.

lots of love,
Kas

Becky said...

I'm relieved to hear you made it through surgery ok and also somewhat relieved to hear you'll be getting more intensive help at the rehab. Hope they treat you well and it's a positive environment! I wish with all my heart for you to come home stronger, steadier and healthier.

Jod{i} said...

Margo!
You have my email? Throw me a line...
I do hope you are on the mend...

Sending Love!

Judith HeartSong said...

I am thinking of you Dear Margo... give it HELL! You will get past this stronger than ever.

Lots of love and hugs.

judi

Abadiebitch said...

Are you back yet?

I'm thinking of you. Take care.