Monday, September 10, 2007

A Questionable Trip?

A brief entry to respond to several questions I got from my last entry, and from friends here, about my Road Trip.

How far am I going? Well, almost 2000 miles
Won't I feel lonely driving so far alone? Yes, there will be lonely times, especially since Rene was the outgoing partner in all our travels. But I live alone, feel alone a lot, so the trip will be lonely, too, at times. I'll live through it, and maybe learn to connect with strangers a little more.
Is your car okay to drive that far? Well, I certainly hope so! Even though it's old (a '97) it is a Honda, and I'm having it checked over, bumper to bumper. If something goes wrong on the road, I'll cope.
Are the people you are visiting safe? This only comes from my mother. People whose journals I have been reading for years feel like family to me. I wish I could visit more of them!
Who are you going to see? Mort, Judi and Virginia, Kas and her family, who are supposedly already referring to me as "Aunt Margo," Martha, Meg's fiance's mother, Ian, my God(dess) son, and Becky(I hope).
Will you stay with all of them? I'll stay at motels some of the time, and with people others. It depends on their housing situations.
Are you going to spend any time on your own?
Yes, I am going to Charlottesville, Virginia for three days. I was born there when my father was in law school at UVA, and I have always wanted to really see Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home). So I'm going to have my own private mini vacation inside the Road Trip!
What are you going to do about pain when driving and walking any distance? I am taking my walker and cane, and will use one or the other, depending on the terrain. I am able to walk a couple of miles, even if I do sway a bit along the way. (Okay, sometimes I fall down. I'll just get up and keep going like I do at home.)
As for pain, I'll drive as far as I can, and when it gets too bad I'll stop for the night, then take a pain med. I won't drive after that. I've built in extra time driving because of this.
When are you leaving? The last week in September, and I'll be back when I get back. Friends and neighbors will take care of the house and watch Roxy.
Aren't you scared to go on such a long trip? No.
Not even a little anxious? Yes, a little from time to time, but it's all about organizing and getting off and onto the road. Not about the trip itself.

That seems to cover the questions that have come in lately. If anyone has any others, let me know and I'll answer them, too.

Tomorrow is my 58th birthday, and I am sincerely hoping that this year will be better than the last four. A psychic told me that I would be getting more energy come fall, and I am living in expectation of more energy, whenever it arrives!

Blessings, Margo

3 comments:

Becky said...

I know I owe you a phone call my dear, but it's been a little crazy around here. My sleep schedule is all off kilter again (Max messed me up with his sudden desire to wake for the day at 2:30am). It's 4am and we're headed back to bed, baby and I. *sigh* Anywho! We have a lovely new guest room on our lower level that is slowly taking shape. It has a bed, night tables and bedding. I got a curtain rod today to hang the drapes. The only thing that worries me...there are no bathrooms on our first floor. You'll have to manage 2 half flights of steps to get to the hall bath on the top level. There are railings. So if that doesn't intimidate you too much, come on down! I'd like to say you'll be the first to break in the new room, but I think my parents will beat you to it if I manage to arrange a 1st birthday party for Max in early October.

hestiahomeschool said...

I do not know how safe my house is!

ROFL

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

I hope you have loads of fun. You deserve it.